Английский язык | 10 - 11 классы
The miller's son went to the best shoemaker in town.
The shoemaker made elegant shoes and boots for gentlemen.
"I want to order a fine pair of very small boots.
They are for my cat, " said the young man.
"OK, " said the shoemaker.
He was not surprised at all.
Or, perhaps, just a little.
"Do have any money?
" he asked.
"Here you are, " said the miller's son.
He took his last silver coin out of his pocket and gave it to the shoemaker.
Soon the boots were made.
The Cat pulled them on.
He looked very nice in his elegant boots.
"Don't worry about the money, Master.
I'm going to bring you luck, " said the Cat in Boots.
He put the bag around his neck.
Cats have no hands, so he held the strings in his forepaws.
Then he put some vegetables and a piece of bread into the bag.
The Cat went to the woods.
There were many rabbits there.
So he lay down, pretending to be dead.
The Cat didn't move at all.
His plan was to wait for some foolish rabbit to come and look into his bag.
The Cat didn't wait long.
Soon a foolish young rabbit put his head inside the bag.
The Cat closed the strings at once and caught him.
Then, very proud, he went with the bag to the palace and asked to speak with the King.
The King agreed to see the unusual visitor.
The Cat went upstairs to the King's room.
He came up to the King and made a low bow.
Then he said : "Sir, here is a nice rabbit from the lands which belong to my noble master, the Marquis of Carabas (he decided to give his young master this title).
He told me to offer it to Your Majesty.
" "Tell your master, " said the King, politely, "that I thank him for this nice present.
I'm very pleased with his attention.
" Another time the Cat went to a wheat field and hid among standing wheat.
He again held his bag open.
Soon two fat partridges ran into the bag.
The Cat drew the strings, and caught them both.
The Cat went to the King's palace again.
He gave the partridges to the King, with the same message from his master as before.
The King received the gift.
His majesty was very pleased.
He even ordered to take the Cat down into the kitchen and give him something to eat and drink.
The Cat enjoyed the meal very much.
He sat in the kitchen for a long time, talking about his rich master, the Marquis of Carabas.
Say who : 1) made the boots for the Cat.
2) put vegetables and a piece of bread into the bag.
3) caught the rabbit and partridges.
4) received the gifts with pleasure.
5) enjoyed the meal in the kitchen of the King's palace.
2. Put the sentences in the right order.
1) The Cat put the bag around his neck, holding the strings in his forepaws.
2) The miller's son ordered a fine pair of boots for the Cat.
3) The Cat took the partridges to the King's palace.
4) A foolish young rabbit put his head inside the bag.
5) The Cat came up to the King and made a low bow.
6) The Cat went to a wheat field and hid among standing wheat.
3. Complete the sentences.
1) The miller's son went to the best shoemaker in town because … 2) The Cat held the strings in his forepaws because … 3) The rabbit was not afraid to look into the bag because … 4) The King ordered to give the Cat something to eat and drink because … 4.
Fill in the nouns from the text.
1) The miller's son gave his last silver___ to the shoemaker.
2) The King agreed to see the unusual___.
3) The Cat hid among the standing ___ and caught two fat partridges.
4) The Cat gave the King another ___ from his master.
5. Say how the Cat caught the rabbit and the partridges.
He used the same trick.
What do you think about it?
6. Imagine that you're the King.
1) Describe your first meeting with the Cat.
Say what you thought about him, his master and the gifts.
2) Talk about the Cat's second present.
Which of the gifts did you like best?
Why? Say how you thanked the Cat.
7. Answer the questions and speak about yourself.
1) What presents did you get for your last birthday?
2) What kind of presents do you give others?
Do you prefer to give funny or useful presents?
Is it easy to find a good present?
Вопрос The miller's son went to the best shoemaker in town?, расположенный на этой странице сайта, относится к категории Английский язык и соответствует программе для 10 - 11 классов. Если ответ не удовлетворяет в полной мере, найдите с помощью автоматического поиска похожие вопросы, из этой же категории, или сформулируйте вопрос по-своему. Для этого ключевые фразы введите в строку поиска, нажав на кнопку, расположенную вверху страницы. Воспользуйтесь также подсказками посетителей, оставившими комментарии под вопросом.